Subject: RE: [Leica] advice on buying a leica
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 23:04:46 -0400

> i can't see the 28mm frames on the .72 finder and can barely see the 35mm
> frames.  are the 50mm frames as far out on the .85 as the 35mms are on the
> .72.

Me neither.  The 35 mm frames are as far out on the .85x finder as the 28
lines are on the .72x.  The 50 mm frames are much more comfortable on both.

If you have any plans to shoot wider than 50, and only plan to buy one body,
I'd suggest the .72x.  Plenty of rf base length to focus the 90, and enough
eye relief to shoot 35.

> i see b&h is having one in mid-july.  i'll drop them an email and see i
> they'll honor the 10% discount on a phone order.  there's one tomorrow,
> saturday, at tamarkin.  haven't i read good things on here about them?

Tamarkin has a good reputation; I've never bought from them myself, but
plenty of LUGgers have.

Dan