Subject: Re: [Leica] Resolution vs. Contrast?
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:47:02 -0700

This is exactly what made me switch from Japanese to German glass years ago.
I was initially disturbed by the low contrast of my Leica lens, but found
that I could adjust contrast pretty well when developing and printing. #1
gets my vote as Leica glass.

If the edges are sharper, I usually suspect that my focus was slightly off
(since the edges are a bit farther away). That might also explain the fuzzy
characters...

Mike Quinn