Subject: [Leica] Screw-bayonet adapter
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:34:58 +0200

I think it has been discussed before, but I cannot find it in the
archives...I just received my new 50mm Summilux from Oehling Foto in
Germany. This is the limited edition screw mount lens, and it came with
the adapter to mount it on my M6. The adapter brings up the correct 50mm
frameline, but it does not line up correctly. A normal M lens mounts in
such a way that the infinity mark is on top (or at the 12 o'clock
position). In my case, the Summilux with this adapter mounts such that
the infinity mark is at the 1 o'clock position. The lens appears to
focus fine, so is this just an immaterial cosmetic flaw not to worry
about, or should I be on the lookout for another adapter?

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland