Subject: [Leica] PAW 25 (Nathan)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:29:15 +0200

No HCB-style stuff this week, this is a postcard from Finland for Tom
and Tuulikki...

Last week I was doing a lot of travelling, and Monday morning I found
myself walking around the market square in Helsinki's harbour. Helsinki
is nice to visit at this time of year, the days are very long and
everybody is in a good mood. No other place I know is as affected by the
seasons as Finland.

The market is mostly food, plus some souvenirs for the tourists. The
fruits and vegetables are surprisingly nice and colourful:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/25.jpg

Many of the souvenirs are nice, being handmade by local artists, such as
these sauna figures:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/25alt1.jpg

And this being Finland, the fish is also very nice:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/25alt2.jpg

All pictures taken with the 50mm Summicron on Kodachrome 64.

Main PAW index is at:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/pawindex.htm

Comments welcome and appreciated as always.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland