Subject: Re: [Leica] Back Pain & Bags
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:27:13 +0200

I like the Loewo Pro "Stealth" backpack. It was originally designed for
a digital photo journalist travelling with cameras, lenses and a laptop.
As such it fits my purposes as a traveling consultant with photography
has a hobby on the side, too. The outer appearance is indeed "stealth",
in plain black cordura nylon.

The internal organisation is quite different from the usual array of
foamed, semi-stiff pads. Lenses and cameras are kept in pouches that are
sewed into the bachpack. The largest one can carry the 2.8/70-180, an M
with lens or two large M-lenses with lens-coupler. You can't remove or
rearrange them, but when not used they fold flat. In fact, if not fully
packed, this backpack looks flat from outside, too. But with breast and
hip belt (both removeable) you can carry surprisingly heavy loads.

I find it a little bit expensive, but clever design and great utility
are worth the price. Because it is not only a photo-backpack.

Hans-Peter