Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera bags
From: shino@ubspainewebber.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:13:08 -0400 (EDT)

another camera bags testimonial

for about 10 years, i have carried my M6 , 21, 28, 35 and 90 in a black
tamrac 823. (or its predecessor--the one i have has no number printed in it,
but it looks exactly like the one on www.tamrac.com)
it's made of ballistic nylon, and
a really nice feature is that there's a hidden hip belt that can
convert this from a shoulder bag into a fanny pack.

even as a shoulder bag, it's small and inconspicuous, not like the
lowepro magnums i carry my hasselblads and store my nikons in.

i divide the main compartment into 3 sections.  the 21 and 90 go into
the 2 sides, the 28 lays down in the middle, and the m6 with
35 mounted goes on top.  divider flaps fold over both lenses, protecting
them from the body.  the web page seems to imply there's only one
divider in the 823, my old one had 2 long velcroed dividers, plus a
little velcroed divider.

the hood for the 28 is on the back lens cap on the 21.  within the
front fold-down flap, the 21's
hood is in the left front pocket, with the viewfinder in its case
within the hood's circle.  a small sunpak 1600A flash for emergencies is
in the right front pocket.  a cable release, lens cleaning stuff, and
mechanical self-timer are in the netting of the front flap.
the small flat back compartment carries AAs for the flash and 76 buttons
for the M6.

my only complaint is that it is rather full, and i've got the equipment
fitted in there like a jigsaw puzzle.  i can't carry the winder in those
rare occasions where i use it. and even film is limited to a couple of
rolls outside the body.

if i plunge in for the noctilux, guess i'll need another bag--or do some
agonizing soul-searching every time i bring the kit out to determine which
lenses to leave behind.  :-)

- -rei