Subject: Re: [Leica] the "other" f1
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 05:52:02 -0700

> Which brings to mind an unrelated question:
> Of all the Leica users out there, particularly
> Leica M users, who also have SLRs, how many are
> using C*n*n equipment as opposed to N*k*n
> equipment, and why?

I use neither.  Pentax is what I use for SLR work.  I use
older bodies like the ME Super, MX, and the LX.  Why?  Because
I like small cameras that are easy to use and carry.  Some
Pentax bodies are smaller and lighter than even the Leica M.
Pentax glass is quite good, too, although, like with other
camera brands, there are a few dogs amongst the jewels.  Their
multi-coated is excellent, especially the newer coatings, some
of the lenses are much smaller, lighter, and more compact than
the Nikon and Canon equivalents, as well as being sharper.
Pentax and Leica make a great combination.

- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net
"It matters little how much equipment we use; it
matters much that we be masters of all we do use." - Sam Abell

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] the "other" f1)