Subject: Re: [Leica] Free Travel... Goose Bay. ;-)
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:12:09 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 26/06/01 15:22:37 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
tedgrant@home.com a écrit :

> o wrote:
>  >>>> Goose Bay !  This is where I'm going from 11th august to the 28th .
>  > I'm going to fly over there for 2 weeks , and I will also warm up my M6
>  > shutter .
>  > Why's Goose bay a challenge ?<<<<<
>
>  OH oh, Man are you in for a surprise! Jeeeesh!
>
>  Make sure you have your Leica in hand "before you get off the plane as the
>  first exposure out the door may be your last! ;-)
>
>  Did they not warn you about the mosquitoes? Hell if they didn't, then be
>  prepared to carry a side arm for protection!! "Bug spray?"  Forget it, the
>  as the mosquitoes break open the bottles and drink it as a cocktail.   They
>  are big mothers!
>
>  The mosquitoes don't draw blood on the spot, they pick you up, fly you
home,
>  then eat you there! ;-)  It's a hell of sight and sound when new comers
>  arrive not prepared and one hears them screaming as the mosies carry them
>  off at tree top level.
>
>  ted
>
>  Ted Grant Photography Limited
>  www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Yeah , I heard .  BDU pants and long sleeve shirts will be on schedule .
I've been in Goose Bay in the winter and it was OK .
It's a nice place for photography .
The guys from the Air Base call the mosquitoes " the Canadian Air Force " .
For having spent a couple weeks in Saint Bernard state park , louisiana ,
is it worst ?
Buy the way , to stay ON TOP , I think I'm only gonna take one M6 + my
Tri-Elmar
and a small Metz flash .
The ultimate question is as always : what bag ?
I might only go for the Sling and a small generic belt pouch .
Concernig film , I'll take bricks of Tmax 100 , 400 and loads of Ektachrome
100 .
I'm open to all good ( or bad ! ) suggestions concerning that trip .
Chears

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE
will soon move to north east of France , close to the German border ....

Replies: Reply from "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <cartersn@alpha.nsula.edu> (Re: [Leica] Free Travel... Goose Bay. ;-))