Subject: Re: [Leica] Tri-X vs T-Max
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:30:30 -0700

"Griffith, Lucian" wrote:

> All this talk about Tri-X has me wondering if anyone has any opinion /
> preference for Tri-X over T-Max?  For B&W 35mm I've been using T-Max 400
> rated at 250ASA, developed in D-76,  for years, simply because it's what
> I've got used to.  Has anyone done any comparison between Tri-X and T-Max
> which could point to any preferences either way?  My apologies if this issue
> has been discussed before.
>
> Lucian G.

IMO TRI it is not Tri x any more. It really doenst have that Tri x look of old.
T grain films are SO much sharper and finer grain it is not funny.
Yes they are harder to use. You must not be quite a casual with your metering
and developing.
But they are well worth it. Both the Delta and the Kodak T grain films.

Mark Rabiner
make mine Xtol 1:3!
shaken and not stirred

Portland, Oregon