Subject: Re: [Leica] R lenses on M cameras
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:43:10 -0600

There are several sources for the R lens to M bayonet adapter.

The first source was Leica itself who developed a movie camera (Leicina
Special Super 8) that used a M bayonet mount and a series of adapters to
mount various other lenses. These adapters can be used on M cameras as well.

22233 for Minolta lenses
22232 for M42 lenses
22230 for Arriflex lenses
22228 for Leicaflex lenses

It seems to me there was a C mount adapter to but I cannot locate the part
no. Unfortunately the 22228 adapter has achieved collector status (though
the others do not seem to have!?) and usually is listed for about $300US to
$400US

The second source is the various after market adapter manufacturers of which
Novoflex is probably the most well known:

http://www.novoflex.com/html/products.htm

John Collier