Subject: Re: [Leica] Posting
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:05:33 -0400

on 6/27/01 11:38 AM, Cochran, Adam at Adam.Cochran@caltech.edu wrote:

> All  - -  I am trying to determine the best way to post scanned photos for
> review, as I have seen others do on the LUG.  From my perspective, which is
> that of one with marginal web experience, I can either have my own web site
> built or post to a commercial site such as photo.net or dotPhoto.  It would
> seem that an individual site would have less clutter and give me more
> control, but a commercial site would be less initial effort to set up.  Can
> anyone offer advice on this?

building your own website involves a steep learning curve. If you are ready
to scale said mountain of knowledge and have some time you can devote to it,
plus access to some kind of web authoring program, it's the way to go. It's
no more difficult than, say, small engine repair or hairdressing.

however a lot of folks who have websites ALSO use an image hosting site
because it's so easy to bung stuff up for review without necessarily
incorporating it into your 'official' site.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

ICQ: 109343205