Subject: Re: focus stiffness (was [Leica] Black Hole?)
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:40:00 +0200

David Rodgers writes:

> You used the terms damage and wear as though
> they're synonymous.

They are variations on the same theme.

> Most items are designed to accept wear and
> maintenance and still perform at a very high
> level.

But eventually they wear too far, and performance suffers.

> It was grey market so I sent it to Sherry
> Krauter. It came back better than new. As
> smooth as any lens I've ever used. Cost me
> $60. I was only without it for a week.

So who are the gurus of Leica repair in Europe?  If I take something to the
local Leica dealer, it gets sent to some anonymous technician, not the person I
specify.

Replies: Reply from "Joe B." <joe-b@clara.co.uk> (Re[2]: focus stiffness (was [Leica] Black Hole?))