Subject: Re: [Leica] Housekeeping: How to amaze your friends and fellow leica-users
From: brad daly <bwdaly@hiwaay.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:57:03 -0500

>If you need to know something, search the archives first and impress
>everyone with your new found knowledge and cleverness. The easy to use
>search site is located at:

so, i searched these sites yesterday about the names summicron, summilux,
elmar, etc.  the FAQs tell me what these names *mean*, but not their
origins, which was my query.  are these just made-up words, like KODAK, or
do they actually have etymologies?

- --bradford, whose name is from the old norse "broad fjord," or something
like that.

- --
brad daly	                  bwdaly@hiwaay.net
photographs: http://home.hiwaay.net/~bwdaly
"I can't imagine anything good about being blind and lame at the same time."
	--Alvin Straight
"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg