Subject: Re: [Leica] Pointing and tripping the shutter (shooting)
From: Dave Jenkins <djphoto@vol.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:23:09 -0400

George Lottermoser wrote:

While with large format equipment, everyone gets bored with the process
much faster.

I certainly got bored with the process quickly! My large format
equipment is gone, gone, gone, and I'm glad. I'm simply not interested
in the kind of pictures large format is made for, although as a
commercial photographer for 30 years, there were many times I had to
know how to use it, and use it well.

Large format does indeed have what I call "abstract technical quality."
It can make pictures with very high sharpness and a grainless look.

 There is, however, more than one way to think about quality. In fact,
my definition of quality is different from that of a large format
photographer. I believe the most important quality in a photograph is
the quality of its content. I use 35mm because it helps me do a better
job of capturing the content I care about -- life as it happens.

But each to his own. . .

Dave Jenkins