Subject: Re: [Leica] a good place to buy Leica in Germany ?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 00:16:41 +0200

Bernard,

The ones you mention are my habitual sources of Leica gear. There are some other
good shops, like:

http://www.oehling.de/Datenbank_shop/shopframes_d.html
Oehling--their Leica selection is not great, but what they have is cheap, like
my new Summilux.

http://www.brenner-foto.de/
Brenner Foto--better selection, slightly higher prices than Oehling.

http://www.fotomayr.de/webkat98/homepage.htm
Foto Mayr--no Leica but good for film, filters and other brands.

I have done business with all three and been satisfied every time. For people
outside the EU (like me), note that the prices on the web sites include German
VAT, which you will not have to pay. So to arrive at your price, divide the
price shown by 1.16.

Nathan

Bernard Degaute wrote:

> Nathan, Pascal and other Luggers,
>
> I've checked some site of Leica Dealers in Germany, i.e.
> http://www.foto-hobby.de/ and
> http://www.leicabeimeister.com/
> They both announce the same price in their catalog. Have you a good
> (cheaper) advice to buy (via e-mail) new Leica gear in Germany? Can you have
> a discount if you go and buy in their shop (even if you are an unknown
> buyer)?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Bernard
>
> bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be