Subject: Re: [Leica] Was Copyright questions, in defense of the R8.
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:07:14 +0200

Aram Langhans writes:

> Hey, what about the skill of the photographer?

The importance of that depends on the camera.  For a Leica M6, it is moderately
important, since the indicated exposure must be compensated for sometimes.  It
can't be too hard, though, since I learned to do it very quickly.

> The real test of the meter would be to give
> an R8, F5 or whatever to a complete novice.

I don't know about the R8, but the F5 in full auto will give even a novice
perfect focus and exposure on 99 out of 100 photos at least.  It'll even do that
with flash.

> Set it on one of the automatic modes and tell
> them to shoot a few rolls of film at anything
> and everything forgetting what their grandfather
> told them about the sun at their back.  Then
> see how the meter performs.

I do that with an F5 all the time, and it performs flawlessly.