Subject: [Leica] Re: Heliopan Circular Polarizer Filter
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 08:56:39 -0700

B+W and Heliopan are both premium filters. There is basically no difference
in optical qualities. B+W makes the best overall assortment of filter types
and sizes. For an R8, you want a circular polarizer, not a Kaesemann. A
Kaesemann filter is linear and hermetically sealed. Actually the best in
terms of durability but very expensive and not circular in construction.
Buy a B+W E60 circular polarizer. Multicoated if you wish.

Jim