Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Was Copyright questions, in defense of the R8.
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 12:30:36 -0400

2001-07-02-06:26:36 Mxsmanic:
> It's possible to be a great artist but a poor technician, so someone who is a
> novice technically might still have great talent for taking pictures.

Indeed.  A onetime friend had been a working photographer for years,
and I always marvelled at her eye, was jealous of it;  but talking
with her about the nuts and bolts of taking pictures was always a
surprise, because in some fundamental ways she still didn't know how
the camera worked.  She had some heuristics she'd learned over the
years usually resulted in having pictures come out, but on a
fundamental level she just didn't get it.

Great pictures, though, in composition and timing.

Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Was Copyright questions, in defense of the R8.)
Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Was Copyright questions, in defense of the R8.)