Subject: [Leica] 50mm lens purchase
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 8:38:33 EDT

I've been offered a recent black M mount 50mm f2.8 Elmar at an attractive
price well below what a recent black Summicron would go for.  My 50mm lenses
are all screwmount -- 50mm f3.5 Elmar (transition red scale), 50mm f2
Summar, 50mm f2 Summitar, 50mm f1.5 Jupiter.  I was thinking of getting a
recent 50mm Summicron, but wonder if the f2.8 Elmar would be giving me
something in terms of performance for the dollar that the Summicron or the
lenses I already have wouldn't.

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca