Subject: Re: [Leica] Copyright Infringement, what do you think?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 11:21:35 -0700

George Lottermoser wrote:

> I just received an eMail that reads as follows:
>
> > sburke152@hotmail.com (Sandra Burke)8/3/012:40 AM
>
> > Hi, I came upon your wonderful photo and incorporated it in a
> > painting. Don't be too mad
> > at me. Sandy
>
> She enclosed a jpg of the reworked and manipulated photograph, a
> self-portrait from my web site's home page, and an html.
>
> Clearly, this type of thing goes on constantly in this new web
> world. In this case, she's brazen, or naive, or proud enough to
> let me know she did it. And feeling enough guilt to include the
> "Don't be too mad" clause. How many times has it happened without
> the perp informing on themselves? And what would, will, you'all
> do when it happens with your work?
>
> George

If she's just going to hang it on the wall of her living room you could take the
tact of just being flattered.

 Somehow it does not sound like she's going to sell it on ebay for the highest
bidder!? Or at Southbys for a hundred thousand bucks!?

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/