Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Anthony' photos
From: "Griffith, Lucian" <griffil1@anz.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:13:05 +1000

From: Mxsmanic

>Lucian Griffith writes:
>
>> Okay, can't resist - what the buggery bollocks
>> do you mean by "super-critical"?
>
>Meaning something that I actually looked at while composing the scene, as
>opposed to something that just happened to end up in the frame.

Sorry Mxsmanic - I was being a bit of a smart arse there.  But I do think
everything that's in the frame is important, not just the bit in the middle.
Having said that, obviously the eye is usually drawn to the main subject -
often a person or people - which, more often than not, is not at the edge of
the frame.  But sustained contemplation of an image requires being able to
see the whole image, which is why I don't like images at websites where I
can't see the whole image on my little 15" screen all at the same time.
cheers,
Lucian G.