Subject: Re: [Leica] TO ALL AMERICAN LUGGERS
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:11:27 -0700

>  ><Snip>
>>
>>  Alas!  I shall be imbibing on either whiskey or whisky the day long, my
>>  Audi is too proud to pollute itself with a V-8 (though I do have some of
>>  that goop used as a base for Bloody Marys), and I shall be using my Rollei
>>  35S today.
>>
>>  Hate to be a contrarian, but ...
>>
>>  Marc
>>
>My favorite TV ad in the late 60's was those German Audi engineers
>who had just
>come up with a FIVE cylinder engine!
>Anyone remember that? How long did that last? Longer than the Mazda
>rotary I'm sure!
>
>Mark Rabiner
>
>Portland, Oregon
>USA
>
>http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/

There have been 1, 2, 3, and 4 cylinder vehicles. Audi had the five
in the 70's, and VW still has one. Mercedes also had a 5. There are
6's in various configurations - straight, boxer, V6 in various angles
from 15 to 90, 8's, 10's (formula 1 etc.), 12's from straight to W12
in your next Audi, 16's from V's, H's & W's, and maybe a W18 in a
Lamborghini or Bugatti at some point. But nothing sounds like an
.049cc powering a little Meccano or Märklin car in the kitchen with
your mother screaming at you and it! Hard to get your Leica focussed
on that kind of action.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design