Subject: [Leica] M6 brightlines
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:24:32 EDT

My long-coveted M6 Panda has arrived today, and it appears to be in mint
condition.  Since I've never had a M6 before, I have a question.  The
brightlines are not nearly as bright as those in my M3, and tend to wash
out on the right side.  Is this normal?  Is there an easy fix for it?

Otherwise, the camera is in great shape -- even to the original plastic
protector on the baseplate.  Can't wait to put my first roll of film
through it.  My other question involves that first roll of film.  The only
Leica that I consistently misloaded was an M4 that I owned many years ago.
 Since then, I've only shot with screwthread and M3 Leicas.  Does anyone
have any tips on loading the M6 so that I can be sure the film will stay
in the prongs of the takeup thingy?

Mark

Mark Langer

Email address: mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca