Subject: [Leica] The LUG web search index
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 15:33:22 -0700

I have big plans of getting the search fixed soon.
Here's the drill.
I just rewired things and moved all of my server computers to the garage.
I'm now working on getting my magtape backup system brought up to date.
I've been using Retrospect for Macs and BSD /sbin/dump for everything else. I
want to switch to AMANDA. Until I get AMANDA working to my satisfaction, I'm
uneasy about deleting the 3 gigabytes of extra files that I need to delete from
the server machine so that I will have enough disk space there to re-run the
archive indexer. It takes about 50 hours of wall clock time (2.5 calendar days)
to regenerate the index, and it takes about 12 gigabytes of scratch disk space.
At the moment I have only 9.

Everything takes more time than I would like.