Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 w/.58 finder: my experience
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 09:53:18 -0400

I preface this by saying that I am new - about three weeks - to the
.58....That said...while there is no doubt it is a wonder with the 28
and 35, in terms of not needing an external finder with the 28, and
having a good deal of open real estate around the 35 frame lines, I
would note - warn anyone consider a .58 as their main M - that I find
that it is a camera for close work and not much more. As soon as I'm
eight or 10 feet out, I find the finder magnification to be too low for
useful focusing....granted, under most circumstances, 8-10 feet out with
a 28 or 35 probably means that one is outdoors, and therefore there is
probably enough light so that critical focusing is irrelevant....But....

Anyway, just an observation....But again, with the 28 in close it is
nothing short of miraculous......

B. D.

BTW - I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but am I correct in
understanding that the new Bessa T has an M lens mount?