Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Ilford film reliability
From: ShadCat11@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 15:44:19 EDT

Well, most respondents to this subject find no QC problems with Ilford and
apparently such from Kodak are not unknown.  My experiences with Ilford and
Kodak has been as stated in the original post.  Perhaps the ineffable cannot
be excluded.  It is possible that luck or destiny plays a role in this
matter, as it does in so many others.

Allen Zak

<<A few years ago, I used lots of Kodak film, almost exclusively.  Then I

started to get light leaks on 35mm film with my R6, the only body that I had

at the time.  On a lark, I had used some Fuji film with no light leaks.

Alternating I found Kodak=leaks; Fuji no leaks (even with translucent film

cans).  Ergo poor manufacture of 35mm film cassettes by Kodak.  (I am always

careful about changing film in the darkest area on hand.) At the same time,

I found that no Kodak spin off lab, or third party lab could process

Kodachrome consistently, so I switched to Fuji E6 and C41 films and Ilford

B&W with no regrets.  So much for Kodak quality control.