Subject: [Leica] What's so great about the 50? (was: summilux 75...)
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 19:05:36 -0700 (PDT)

The 50 is nice because it is not too wide and not too long.

The 50 is nice because it doesn't significantly change the apparent spatial
relationships of objects in the shot from how you saw them when you took the
shot.

The 50 is nice because the framelines in the viewfinder are just the right
size.

The 50 is great for medium distance group shots.

The 50 is nice for portraits with most of the person in the frame, and some
background too.

The 50 is nice for architectural details, close up.

The 50 is nice because it is small.

The 50 is nice because it is cheap.

I'm sure I could think of some more.

Every 50 I ever used has been a super sharp lens. Nikon, Olympus, and most
recently, Konica.

I don't know what problems you had the with Nikkor 50, but shots that I take
are sharp, as long as I didn't miss focus.

Pete