Subject: [Leica] BDZZZZTTTTTFFFFTTTZZZZ!!!! WAS Focomat 1x rewiring
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 12:51:19 -0400

on 7/9/01 11:54 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> Guess then your nom de plume would be quit appropriate...:-)
>
> Johnny Deadman wrote:
>>
>> I just replaced all the old wire with new wire. The only scary thing was
>> seeing how close to electrocuting myself I had come with the old wiring.

yes indeed. I have electrocuted myself on more occasions that I care to
remember. They include:

    attempting to fiddle with spark plugs on running car engine (akin to
being hit with cricket bat - my most painful electrocution but probably the
least dangerous as it's volts that hurt but amps that kill)

    attempting to repair refrigerator pump and getting sequence of (1) turn
off (2) fiddle (3) turn on (4) test disastrously wrong. My hand closed
involuntarily on the pump and I couldn't let go. They heard my screams from
the other end of the street.

    playing live gig in the rain on organ with metal keys (!)

    doing backup vox on live microphone (second most painful incident)

    poking electric fire with pencil aged 10

    attempting to check voltage across PC socket on flash with tongue

The odd thing is I am not really an accident-prone person... except when it
comes to electricity. You get to know your own Karma deficits. This is why I
rewired the focomat before switching it on for the first time.

When I opened it up I discovered all the metal parts where live.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

ICQ: 109343205