Subject: RE: [Leica] Where We Post From
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:34:06 -0500

I post from Houston, Texas where I have lived for the last 11 years. There
is an organized group of Leica users here in Houston called the Houston
Leica Group.

As a matter of fact, they have an article in the current Viewfinder magazine
published by the LHSA.

My photographic hobby started when I was stationed in Heidelberg Germany
from 1973 to 1976. Heidelberg, and Germany in general is just a
photographers paradise. Most of Europe is in my mind. The architecture and
scenery is just incredible.

Unfortunately I could not afford a Leica on Army pay at that time, but used
a Cxxxn instead. I have a lot of Kodachrome 25 slides I took while there and
they still look great today.

After getting out of the Army I lived in Anaheim, California for several
years before moving back to my hometown of McAllen, Texas which is about as
far south in Texas as you can go. Those of you that are seriously into bird
watching may know of the Santa Ana Wildlife refuge near McAllen. Leica has a
posting on their events calendar for a yearly bird watching event there. I
then took a job which lead me to Houston where I lived for several years
before I got married.

After marrying, we moved back to Glendale, California for one year since my
wife and I both liked the southern California life style. Our bliss was
short lived however, when we had to move back to Houston due to my wife's
job. We have lived here ever since.

I consider myself an amateur in the truest sense of the word. I have a lot
to learn and a lot of years of catching up to most of you, but enjoy using
Leica cameras very much. I hope to learn in the future how to develop my own
pictures and have a small dark room of my own. It is hard to find quality
developing in most cities these days. Especially for black and white.

The best camera store in town for Leica equipment is the Houston Camera
Exchange at 5900 Richmond Avenue here in Houston. The owner of the store is
an active member in the Houston Leica Group, and through his generous
support helps to publish a local newsletter to the members here in Houston.

I plan on attending the LHSA convention in San Antonio this year since it is
so close to Houston, and think that would be a good time to meet many of the
LHSA members that participate in this list and plan on attending.

Cheers

Tom Henson

Replies: Reply from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] Where We Post From)