Subject: [Leica] Hello from Singapore
From: "R Tan" <rtansa@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:31:20 +0800

I have registered on the LIST for a while, and find the discussions useful,
informative and fun. I have also bought and sold from some members of the
list, and had some really fun emails with some members, like Seth, about
50mm rigids etc.

I seldom post, because there is so much to read and learn, but I thought I
will, with a short message to tell all about myself.

I post from Singapore, I am 46 years old, and work as in an telecoms company
here in management.

I was born in Singapore but travel extensively in my work to all corners of
the earth really.

I started with a Minolta SRT 101, and still have some great pictures taken
with my one and only 50mm Rokkor lens, and TRI-X. Then I changed, like many
of my friends, to Nikon and at one time used, and collected, all the Fs!. I
stopped at the F4, and switched to Canon EOS 1, like most people at that
time...again. I also use a Hassel ELM.

About 5 years ago I started selling off the Canon gear and now use M6s, M3,
M4 and M2 in addition to the R8. I used the R7 and R6 for a while but never
really had a liking for it. No reason in particular, just a feel, or lack of
it. BTW, I love the R8, and think it is a really underrated camera. I also
use the SL2 with a 400MM TElyt, thanks to the suggestion of Doug, for birds
and I love the combination.

I use the M3/ 50 Rigid combination most when I travel, although I bring the
24 ASPH, 35 ASPH f2 and 90 APO in my DOmke J3.

Recently started playing with a Sinar F1 and 150 'standard' Schneider. About
I year ago, I changed all my Hassel to a Rollei 6008 system, but that is for
another LIST.

I love to take pictures and do so at every opportunity and with any sort of
subjects. I am happy to have found the LIST, I am sorry that I am not in the
US and therefore cannot participate in your activities by being there in
person, but that's life and I remain humbled by the wealth of knowledge and
the readiness by so many to share it.

THanks to all for taking time to read this.

Rgds
Roland
Singapore