Subject: [Leica] Moral Laggards and Cowards and Lacklifes and So-Forth
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:19:13 -0400

At 07:32 PM 7/10/01 -0400, Ken Wilcox wrote:

>I'm sure you must realize that is some situations, like the 'Nam situation,
>avoiding participation IS a civic duty!

Simple bunk, sir.  Bunk.  I have friends who went to Canada, and I
applauded them for their courage in doing so -- and I fussed when they were
allowed back in, and wrote them all and told them why I opposed their
re-entry.  They understood:  you make a choice, you pay the price.  It is
that simple.

Civic responsibility holds this nation together.  This exalted hero, Baron,
brags to the list about his lack of responsibility.  Had he not bragged of
this, I'd have held my peace.

I pray that he will, henceforth, hold his head in the shame to which it
belongs.  If he says naught, I will say naught.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> ([Leica] Ansel Adams @ 100 @ SFMOMA)