Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Where We Post From
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:58:56 -0700

Well. might as well jump in feet first on this one.
It is my belief and hope that some day we will go beyond the barracks
Parliamentarians and Presidents. But before I just let it sit there, it
also my hope that we do a thorough house cleaning of the whole structure
of the now nascent militarism that is affecting so many layers of our republic.
The first step that has to take place is the purge of the officer class.
It is something that I will endeavor to see that it takes place in my
lifetime. All records of the commissioned officers should be examined,
going back to the end of the second world war. All activities relating
to the efforts of counter-insurgency, intelligence, cross training with
foreign national officers would have to be examined. Every officer
involved in counter-insurgency, intelligence, logistics, etc., and
stationed anytime, anywhere overseas have their record thoroughly and
minutely combed for war crimes and crimes against humanity. I wouldn't
leave it at that, as every country and entity that had, and has contact
with us, would bear the burden of any investigation.
A tall order, some might say. But, as sure as Mr. Solona threw rocks at
NATO tanks in Spain in his youth, later to become head of NATO, the
weight of the possibility of my desire's fruition hangs bravely in the
air. And, yes, I did my service.
Lest anyone thinks these are the rant of an incorrigible pacifist, I
come from a line of military and diplomatic families going back at the
very least 400 years.

Slobodan Dimitrov