Subject: [Leica] Dragonfly images
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:06:46 -0400

LUGs,

In my area of the northeastern U.S., birding activity is in that dull
period between the end of the nesting season and the beginning of
the fall migrations.  This lull means that I don't have to cart around
the 280/2.8 and assorted other heavy items in the summer heat.
And it has given me the opportunity to continue the ongoing
personal project of documenting local dragonflies and butterflies.
Nearby fields and ponds and even my own yard have provided the
subjects

A few dragonfly results are on line at:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=943
40
(You may need to copy and paste the entire link in your browser's
location window.)

Going into the field for fly shooting are: R8 with motor drive, 100/2.8
APO macro, 2x extender, Metz 40MZ2 flash with 3501 module,
and Wimberley macro flash bracket. A couple of the shots in the
on line series were made with the 100/4 macro.   I will admit to
netting, chilling and posing the twelve-spotted skimmer and the
female eastern pondhawk.

Roy