Subject: Re: [Leica] Who we are, where we're from, what we do.
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:22:03 -0700

> Bunk, sir.  Much more notable as the home of Moffett Field, last base for
> ZRS-5, the USS MACON.  A picture of her in flight stands proudly on my
> wall.  Everything has been downhill for this area since she crashed in 1935.

Nowadays when I go to work, I go to Moffett Field. I assure you that it is
uphill.

The blimp hangar that held the Macon is still there. I touched it yesterday
afternoon. I just got back from a meeting at which we discussed refitting the
Moffett NAS BOQ (building 20) into a university dormitory. But, FWIW, Moffett
field is administratively in Mountain View, not Sunnyvale. At least, we have to
satisfy the Mountain View Fire Department that our buildings have fire escapes
and smoke alarms.