Subject: [Leica] 50mm vs. 35mm
From: CHRISTOPHER.CHEN@customs.treas.gov
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:20:57 -0400

Well said.  In my (very limited) experience, I've found that this holds
true for the short telephotos (75, 85, 90), too.
From: Peter Klein

I think the 35 and 50 are quite different in personality, and not at all
too close together.  It isn't just angle of view, it's how close the
lenses
force you to be to your subject, and what that does to both perspective
and
your relationship to the subject.  A 35 is probably better as your
"default" lens if you do most photography indoors and/or at close quarters

and must include significant amounts of background.  A 50 is probably
better if you have more room or like to zero in on things more.  With a 35

(or wider), the photographer is often a participant in the picture.  With
50, you are more of an observer.