Subject: RE: [Leica] Anybody want some Kodachrome 25/36 film?
From: "Jim Shulman" <garcia@chesco.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 22:35:05 -0400

Hey Mark,

A few years ago you could get K-25 in 24 exp rolls, 36 exp rolls, 2-paks,
and professional version
Ditto for K64
Pro and standard versions for K200

Then we lost Pro version of K25.

Next it was alternate packaging of K25.

Then it was Pro version of K64

Now it's Pro version of K200, alternate packaging of K64, and total
discontinuance of K25.

A trend?  It doesn't sound like a film that Kodak's interested in
supporting, or promoting, or certainly improving.

Waning, perhaps?

On the other hand,

Kodak lost three rolls of K64 that I shot last year.  From what Tina's
posted, I'm not the only one to suffer this fate.

They ignore my processing and mounting instructions.

They return the wrong film.

They mount the film in warped cardboard, filled with dirt chunks.  I have to
remount film and spend a half hour with a compressed air can.

Quality?  Try waning.

Send me five fresh rolls of Velvia, and you can KEEP the Kodachrome!  Hold
up the flag high!  Stop waning in its tracks.

Jim