Subject: [Leica] Panoramas using the Noctilux
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:28:52 -0400

All...

I can't stand it anymore!  ;-)

Dave's posting about panoramas got me thinking about one that I created
from 4 shots using the Noctilux in late August 1999.  The final panorama
image took me some 40 hours of work to stitch together, and with what I
know about Photoshop and stitching programs now, I plan to do it a
second time in the not-too-distant-future.

It is a panorama of the San Juan mountains in southwest Colorado, to the
east of Telluride about 5 miles, looking west and taken in the early
afternoon with a partly cloudy sky.  What is remarkable about the scene
is the amount of green that is available.  We had arrived during the
rainiest season they had recorded in decades and everything was verdant
with growth.

Specs are as follows: M3, Noctilux/8.0 @ 250, Velvia @ ISO 40

I do not have it posted on the web, but if you are interested, send me a
request and I will send it to you as a 179KB attachment.

/Mitch Zeissler