Subject: Re: [Leica] Panoramics
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <SonC@sonc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:40:42 -0500

Bill,
First, let me say that I like the dry mounting thing.  The
Hong Kong shot is quite successful that way too.  Before I
saw your email, I posted a description of the Photoshop
method.  I'll be glad to try to clear it up if you have some
questions.

It is time consuming to do it in Photoshop, but I find the
outcome worth the work.  We do lots of document stitching
here because though our Microtek scanners are capable of up
to tabloid size, often maps and other things are even
bigger.

I have an Epson 1520, and I usually print large pieces up to
21 inches long on that, but if I wanted to print really
large versions, Epson, among others make inkjet paper in
rolls, and some inkjet printers have adapters for that.

I think the best way would be to make your files, save them
to zip or CD and take them to a service bureau for printing.
I don't know a lot about that, because I don't have much
need for it.

Regards,

SonC
http://www.SonC.com

Bill said:

> So Son, that Hong Kong was (forgive the elementary
question) scanned and
> stitched in some way in photoshop? Is this a lot of work?
And then ho do you
> print an image large enough to hang on the wall?
>
> I am still at the stage of pasting (drymounting, actually)
images and parts

Message from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Panoramics using Leica.)
Message from "Bill Harting" <wharting@adelphia.net> (Re: [Leica] Panoramics using Leica.)