Subject: [Leica] Re: "Folks"
From: Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video <henryp@bhphotovideo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:50:28 -0400

At 03:01 AM 07/12/2001, you wrote:
>I personally think Henry should loose the advertising completely and just
>participate as a normal HUGger and a LUGger rather than a representative of
>B&H. I think he is way out of line. Both advertising and claiming anonymity
>in the same breath. Constant advertising alone is a no no on these lists.

Well, I guess this is what separates the rangefinder users from the SLR
crowd. When I first joined the Nikon & EOS Digests, the list owners
applauded the fact that I was up-front about my affiliation with a
retailer. The general opinion seemed to be that this way, no one would
wonder if I had a vested interest or extrinsic motive for a post. By
including my affiliation I make it plain who I am.

If I posted without the affiliation, some would not know of it, but others
would. Now, everyone knows. When I have something personal to say, I will
post as <Henry Posner> When I have something related to photography, I will
post as <Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video> so no one will make the inaccurate
assumption that I am attempting to shield anything.
- --
regards,
Henry Posner
Director of Sales and Training