Subject: [Leica] "Folks" /Henry Posner
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:13:52 EDT

Henry Posner:

Welcome(!) to the LUG!  I just got caught up reading my LUG digests, and I am
really ashamed of the way you have been (mis)treated here the last few days.
It must be the full moon or something, but I have never seen LUG members
attacking someone so viciously just because the employer's name tag was
attached to their email posting.  Like many LUG members, my employer's name
and address appears at the end of this email, but I have never been attacked
the same way!  I think it is obvious to most people here that my postings
here represent my personal opinion, and have nothing to do with my employer.
That little bit of common sense apparently isn't as common as presumed!

I enjoyed reading your frequent and informative posts on the Canon list in
the past.  I left that list when I sold all my Canon gear and moved to the
Leica M and R systems.  I hope you will remain a contributor to the LUG.
Your knowledge of the industry will complement the practical experience of
the many amateur and professional Leica users on this list.

Sincerely,

Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D
Associate Professor of Finance
Graham School of Management