Subject: [Leica] More list behavior guidelines
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:35:42 -0700

A rule: no foul language. It demeans the list.

A suggestion: what is to be gained by offering comments about the personalities
or behavior of other members of the list? We all read what they write. We all
form our opinions of what kind of people they are based on what we read, not on
what you say about them. Statements like "Person X is no longer acting badly"
or even "Person X is being sweet this week" have no more place on the list than
"Person X is a dumb s***".

There are more than 1000 people in the LUG. Pretend you are on stage in a room
containing all of them watching you.