Subject: [Leica] WTB: 28mm M-Rokkor
From: pmjensen <pmjensen@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 01 07:29:11 -0700

The subject line almost says it all. I'm looking for any relatively
compact, relatively well-performing, relatively inexpensive 28mm M-style
(or LTM) lens - the M-Rokkor should fit the bill(?). Cosmetics don't
really matter to me except inasmuch as they might indicate significant
abuse; otherwise, I just need a lens for usin', not admirin'. M-Rokkor,
Elmarit, Kobalux, I'm open.

I remember in the mid-seventies selling a thread mount Canon 28mm (f.3.5
or 4.5, maybe?) for a friend who had to leave town in a hurry; what I
can't recall is whether I ever shot anything with it and, in any case,
how it performed. The lens seemed old-fashioned to me, even back then,
but it was EXTREMELY compact - very "nice." With a new, fast Voigtlander
1.9 going for only $550, perhaps someone out there wants to unload their
older, slower lens?

- ---Peter
The opinions expressed above are mine, all mine, and I'm not sharing so
don't ask.