Subject: [Leica] My New Summicron 50 chirps
From: Matt Kollasch <matthew.kollasch@uni.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 23:18:53 -0700

I received my new M6 on Thursday and developed the first roll of Tri-X
today. I am happy with what I see through the loupe.  However, today the
Summicron started chirping ... like a bird when I adjust the f stop ...
especially around 5.6.  Strange but true: this lens squeaks.  I was told
by the dealer I bought if from that I would have to send it into Leica
because I had already sent the warranty cards in.  This is disappointing
because I would have much rather get a direct exchange from the dealer.

Thus, two questions:
Have any of you ever "heard" of a chiping Leica lens?  Must be a lack of
lubrication? Arrgh!

And despite the fact that I had so "diligently" sent in the warranty
cards for the lens and body, do you think it possible to get an exchange
directly from the dealer or am I now relegated to dealing direclty with
Leica... and then having a long wait for the return of my only Leica
lens?

Still , I am enjoying the M6 and 50 MM focal length.  Thanks.

/matt kollasch