Subject: [Leica] What should happen to frame counter when M4-2 is unloaded?
From: "Stewart Loving-Gibbard" <sloving-gibbard@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:01:11 -0700

I'm thinking my M4-2 is not doing what it should after I unload it.

I *believe* it should reset to -2 (2 shots before 0). After that,
you shoot two blank frames, and then you are shooting for real.

Instead I'm ending up at like, position 4 after unloading the
camera sometimes. This is a Bad Thing, no?

What should it do? How does it do this - what's the mechanism involved?
If something needs fixing, can I (a semi-technical klutz) fix it?

- - Stew