Subject: RE: [Leica] WAS: Bokeh'm somebody, naw nuke it! ;-)
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 21:09:10 -0700 (PDT)

David Rodgers wrote:

Ray

>>For example, both wildlife and portrait photography can be enhanced
by good bokeh or can be marred by the lack thereof.<<

I'd sure like to seen an example of good and lacking bokeh. I'm not
skeptical. I'm curious.

Dave

Dave,

A few weeks ago, Doug Herr posted a link to the LEG of a picture with
unpleasant bokeh. I don't remember exactly which URL it was but I think
it was http://www.markcassino.com/0007/gallery1/0007nz04.htm
or http://www.markcassino.com/0007/gallery2/0007ndx.htm

In these pictures, the highlights in the out-of-focus water in the
background have taken on a strange, doughnut-like appearance, similar
to what is usually encountered with mirror lenses.

In fairness, there are also plenty of examples of (to me) pleasant
bokeh at the same site, which belongs to Mark Cassino, a talented
nature photographer. See, for example, the following:

http://www.markcassino.com/0007/gallery2/0007nz18.htm
http://www.markcassino.com/0002/0002n14.htm

I hope you enjoy looking at Mark's pictures.

Regards,

=====
Ray