Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:54:19 +0200

Ken Wilcox writes:

> I have both the Noctilux and the Summicron.
> The Summicron gets the bulk of the work but
> I find the Noctilux indespensible in low light.

If you are going out for the day with just one of the two lenses, how do you
decide which one to bring?  Do you use the Noctilux exclusively for days when
you know you'll need something faster than f/2, or are there other situations in
which you'll bring the Noctilux as opposed to the Summicron?

Can you see the difference between the two lenses in finished images?  If so, is
there any aperture at which they become indistinguishable, or can you tell no
matter what?  And what is the most noticeable difference?

One of these days I'd like to get the 50mm Summicron (indeed, I'd like a full
set of Summicrons eventually), but I won't sacrifice the Noctilux I have now for
that, so it'll have to wait until I have the budget to buy a Summicron as an
_additional_ lens.