Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji Neopan 1600 vs Ilford Delta 3200 @ 1600
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:56:23 -0500

simon@sclamb.com (Simon Lamb)7/16/012:00 PM

> Does anyone have any opinion/real world experience of the
merits of using
> Neopan at its rated speed versus Delta 3200 rated at 1600.

I have shot D3200 since its release. Processed in Ilford DDX at
recommended times for ASA 3200, but rated at 1600. And have been
very pleased with results. This combination especially impresses
me with its ability to pull printable tone out of the deepest
shadows.

Far surpasses Kodak's high speed film in terms of grain,
tonality, sharpness, et al.

For the last few weeks I've tested Neopan 1600 using DDX and find
it: slower in shadow speed (far less shadow detail). But I'm
still working on processing times, etc. And have yet to try the
"LUG loved" xTol on it.

George