Subject: RE: [Leica] Should I buy a Noctilux?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:55:26 -0400

I'm curious, what sort of subject matter do LUGers photograph at or near
the 0.7 meter distance setting of their 50mm Summilux?  Speaking for
myself, I usually try and avoid lenses much shorter than 90mm when taking
tight portraits of people.  Even the 75 is pushing it at the closest
focusing distance.

Dan C.
[otherwise known as LeicaMan on #leica]

At 02:39 PM 16-07-01 -0400, Dan Honemann wrote:
[snip]
>The closer minimum focusing distance of the summilux is tempting, but you've
>got a good thing going with your f1 and f1.2 photos, and I doubt you want to
>be shooting at less than a meter at those apertures, anyway.
[snip]