Subject: [Leica] Food for thought?
From: "Tourtelot" <tourtelot@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:59:12 -0700

Here is my dilemma;  I will soon be to proud owner of a nice Leica outfit
(actually, I don't know how nice<g>), a IIc, some sort of 90mm Leitz, some
sort of 50mm Leitz and some sort of 35mm, plus torpedo finder, etc.  I
already have a Bessa L (which I like and which works well for me) so the
lenses seem to be a "no-brainer" (unless one or the other is EXTREMELY rare
and valuable on the collector's market).  But what about the IIc?  I am
assuming that I will pay some money to have it CLA (and also, it seems,
time) and will I end up with a shooter that would be any better to have than
a Bessa R?  Shooter is the operative word here.  I am not going to start a
Leica collection and my Leica of choice would be that lovely M3 SS that I
saw at my camera store today.  Any thoughts from the esteemed members?

Regards,

Douglas Tourtelot, CAS
Seattle, WA
tourtelot1@home.com