Subject: RE: [Leica] re: should i buy a noctilux?
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:15:00 -0700

Nice shot Stephen......  I like the shot because there is a definite plane
of focus, and a background that is basically impressionist....The plane of
focus is the subject, and in fact, seems to be in the subjects' eyes.

This brings up a subject I am hot on... whatever you call your shot, whether
street shooting, portraiture, landscape or macro, there should be at least a
plane in the shot that is in focus.  Really critical focus.  Sometimes I see
stuff printed, even spoken highly of, that is just badly focused. Some like
to call it great Bokeh, others pictorialist, others still artsy.  I call it
fodder for the round bin.

Pick out something and make sure it is in critical focus, someplace in the
shot.  And if the negative has the wrong plane in focus, then just call it a
mistake.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] re: should i buy a noctilux?)